If you’re in the market for new flooring, you may want to consider bamboo. Featuring all-natural organic material harvested from the bamboo plant, it’s an excellent choice for both residential and commercial applications. So, should you choose bamboo flooring for your home or business?
Bamboo Flooring: The Basics
While bamboo plants are native in many parts of the world, the species used in flooring typically originate from China and surrounding Asian countries. The most common species of bamboo for flooring materials is Phyllostachys edulis. Also known as Moso bamboo, Phyllostachys edulis is known to reach heights of 90+ feet. While traditional hardwood trees can take 20 to 120 years to fully mature, Moso reaches maturity in just 3 to 5 years.
Bamboo Flooring Benefits:
- Environmentally friendly. Like cork, bamboo is another eco-friendly flooring option.
- Easy to clean and maintain. Let’s face it, no one wants to spend countless hours scrubbing their floors clean. Thankfully, bamboo flooring is low maintenance, requiring nothing more than an occasional sweeping with a stiff broom.
- Aesthetics. Bamboo flooring mimics the appearance of hardwood flooring, even featuring a uniform grain that typically goes either vertically or horizontally.
- Resistant to water. Yet another benefit of using bamboo flooring is its water-resistant properties. Bamboo repels moisture, making it less susceptible to water damage, warping, splitting and staining than other flooring options.
- Refinishing. Most flooring options made from 100% organic, all-natural materials fade over time. Since bamboo flooring can be refinished you can revitalize it back to its original appearance.
The Bottom Line on Bamboo Flooring
Whether it’s for your primary residence, vacation home, or place of business, you can’t go wrong with bamboo flooring. It’s eco-friendly, easy to clean and maintain, offers a high level of aesthetics, resists moisture, and you can refinish its surface. All of these benefits make bamboo an attractive flooring choice.
Contact Flooring Innovations today to learn more about bamboo flooring. 760-321-8600