- Crisp White: Many homeowners are trading dark, warm finishes for white cabinets. In fact, a recent survey found that white is the favorite over wood for 42% of homeowners. This look creates a bright and inviting space, allowing you to add other decorations as you please. White cabinets also allow the versatility to make the overall look more classic or modern.
- Classic And Rustic: The farmhouse kitchen is a prominent trend for 2017, offering opportunities for creative cabinet refacing. To achieve this look, opt for wood with more prominent grain and knots. Wooded countertops and other natural features can also open the space to the past.
- Glass Doors: Cabinets to not always have to hide their contents. This year, some designers and homeowners are adding glass to their cabinet fronts to open up the space and show off designer dish ware. Try out completely transparent or translucent depending on your overall style.
- Hidden Storage: Designers are throwing out traditional storage for more creative options. Some examples include hidden cabinets, vertical silverware storage, and removable countertops. This is a great option for anyone who often entertains, since you can organize clutter in a hurry.
- Lively Color: Simple, industrial designs are being overtaken by stunning color.
Choose your pallet based on your personality and make your cabinet the center feature of your kitchen. Popular colors for this year include sea blues and greens, as well as black, but feel free to be creative.